BC Football Officials Association
The British Columbia Officials Association represents all officials in the province of B.C. In 2014 we celebrated our 60th anniversary.
This page is for the general public and we will supply information and links to assist you to become an official.
For members you may click the login link at the top. You will find much more information to assist you. If you would like to become a member, please fill out this application form.
Looking to become a referee?
The BCFOA is always looking for individuals interested in becoming Football Officials.
If you have a passion for the game of football and would like to get involved or continue to be involved with this great game, we would like to extend an invitation to join the BCFOA.
Training begins in the spring (an updated schedule is posted on this website each season)You will receive training and instruction from some of the best officials in the province. You will learn at a pace that is comfortable for you and when your games start you will be assigned with experienced officials who will enhance your training experience. You will learn the fundamentals of officiating and will have the chance to progress at your own pace. We have many dedicated officials, who are eager to share those experiences with you.
- All Training is provided free of charge.
- High School Game Fees start at $60 per game
- High School weekday games generally start at 3:30 PM or earlier and are played throughout the Lower Mainland/Island/Interior; Vancouver Island and Interior Community Games are on the weekend.
- Training clinics are provided to assist officials to learn the game and network with more seasoned officials.
- BCFOA also services the CFL, CIS and Junior football, so there are opportunities to advance into higher level games.
- This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in Amateur Football in BC.
If you are interested in becoming an official please contact the BCFOA representative in your area:
- Interior of BC – Allan Milton – email@example.com
- Metro Vancouver – Drew Parkinson– firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northern BC (Prince George) – Al Sleightholme – email@example.com
- Vancouver Island – Rod Fehr – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested, please contact one of the following representatives in your areas
If you are an official coming from another Association, please complete the electronic application form.